May 23, 2014

new projects

Since returning to real life after my vacation in New York, things have pretty much gone back to the status quo - the usual stresses of life, worrying about money, and trying to figure out what's next.

To break up the mundaneness of the daily grind, Bobby and I have taken up pet projects. He's currently working on rebuilding/refinishing a hutch in our kitchen. It was formerly used as a bookcase in our Orlando apartment, and is being given new life as a spice cabinet. We're adding doors and a few other improvements to make it more useful.


We're going for a rustic feel so we'll be whitewashing the entire thing and adding some colonial green accents. I adore these paint names - Folk Tale and Swiss Coffee. I'd love to be the person whose job it is to come up with these names. What a dreamy job.


Here's the current progress:



While Bobby's been busy with the hutch, I've been focusing on my own ventures. About a month ago I created a group on Meetup.com for local women who like to play board games, and last night I hosted a small get-together. I invited 6 women over, none of whom I'd met before, and we ate donuts, drank wine and played Trivial Pursuit until 10 p.m. 

Maple enjoyed the attention and I met some really interesting, kind and witty women. We're all looking forward to the next get-together, which everyone agreed should take place at my place again since they all said it was lovely and beautifully decorated. What a nice compliment!


Another project I'm working on is my new website. I recently purchased a domain name and began a food blog that features my photography and recipes. I've been told by enough people that my food and travel photography is good enough to be published, so I'm starting to believe it...? Maybe?

I'm naturally self-deprecating when it comes to talent, but I've been encouraged by a few enthusiastic friends to at least try to branch out and see if there are any opportunities for me as a photographer/blogger.

So grabbing AHungryPilgrim.com for only $2/year at Go Daddy seemed like a good start.

I don't know about anyone else but I think this looks yummy and Pinterest-worthy. I guess I'll find out!


1 comment:

  1. Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

    Dear Jaime, Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every one of them! So happy that you left a comment, because it brought me back to your beautiful blog!
    I can't wait to look around!!
    Keep in touch!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain